Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hope.


Hope was but a timid friend;
 She sat without a grated den,
Watching how my fate would tend,
  Even as selfish-hearted men.

She was cruel in her fear;
  Through the bars, one dreary day,
I looked out to see her there,
  And she turned her face away!

Like a false guard, false watch keeping,
  Still in strife, she whispered peace;
She would sing while I was weeping;
  If I listened, she would cease.

False she was, and unrelenting;
  When my lost joys strewed the ground,
Even Sorrow saw, repenting,
  Those sad relics scattered round;

Hope, whose whisper would have given
  Balm to all my frenzied pain,
Stretched her wings, and soared to heaven, 
  Went, and ne'er returned again!


E.J.B.

2 comments:

  1. kenape sekarang ni makin susah nak faham entry kau eh? hehe... ayat nak complex je kan? hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ehe. takpe, biar aku sorang faham :P

    ReplyDelete

say something. ty!